Saturday, June 25, 2011

Book Review - Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2)Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had picked up this book thinking that it was the first in the series by Patricia Briggs about a shapechanger named Mercy who was a car mechanic that could change into a coyote and was mixed up with werewolves, vampires, fae and all sorts of trouble.  Once I got into the book, I realized that it was later in the series.  It turned out to be book 2.  I still really enjoyed it and wanted to start the series at the beginning as soon as I was done. 

In this book she seems to have all sorts of creatures chasing her (both romantically and violently).  Her vampire friend asks for help and it embroils her in a lot of trouble with a demon, vampires and of course the werewolves.  Not to mention trying to balance the multiple romantic advances that she has to fend off. 

I thought that the author did a good job of mixing it with lots of fantasy creatures in our real world.  I recommend it for those that like fantasy



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator