Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

hello all of you out in digi-land!

I am not sure about you, but New Year's is so wonderful.  It is a great chance to start fresh, make new promises (even if you break them) and just plain look forward & up!  I have never been huge into the resolutions that many make since they seem so fleeting, so I don't usually use those words.  Instead, I try to make myself promises to do better.
After spending the entire month of December with my entire family sick, I REALLY wanted to start the new year fresh.  I looked at what things I could make a difference in.
One big one is to make a conscious effort to think positively - boy is that harder than it seems.
Of course, I also made some healthy promises.  Drink more water (always), eat smaller meals, and drink less soda.  Eh, not doing so hot, but it is an on-going battle.
My last promise is to get my scrapbook albums DONE.  It seemed silly to me that I scrapbook all the time and gets tons of pages done, but not actual  albums done and that even if they are done, they aren't printed and in my hands.
I jumped right onto the 2012 album that I tried to do last year and had only gotten to early February with a smattering of misc pages done throughout.   So far, this month, I have done 34 pages, with 28 of those pages for the 2012 February & March album.  I feel like I am actually making progress!  The next time that Persnickety has a print sale, I plan on printing a batch of whatever is done so that I can start enjoying them now!






So, rather it is for New Year's or anytime - make a promise to yourself to make improvements.  Even if you change your mind or don't get very far, you will get farther than if you hadn't tried at all.
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator