Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mousescrapper's Speed Marathon

Boy are my fingers tired!

I just participated in my very first speed scrap marathon.  "What is it", you say?  Well, a speed scrap is where you are given instructions every 10 minutes to complete a scrapbook page.  Imagine then a marathon, where you have a new scrap every couple of hours.
For the website Mousescrappers 3rd birthday, they hosted just such an event.  There were 16 chats with speed scraps.  Every page had to be done within the allotted time limit (some as quick as 4 hours), be Disney related and follow whatever rules each host gave out.  It really challenged me to work quickly and to try out new techniques or styles that I would never have tried before.

For every Speed Scrap that you completed on time, you received a participation prize and you would get a "goodie bag" for doing the half-marathon (8 LOs) and another "goodie bag" for doing all 16 by Monday morning.  All-in-all, a lot of fun and a great way to add to your collection of digital kits.

So, without further ado, here are my pages:

















So, next time, you have the chance - join a speed scrap.  It's lots of fun and a great way to learn something new

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator