Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book review: "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs

Here is my review from the book that I finished in January:


The Friday Night Knitting ClubThe Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I decided to pick up this book since so many people suggested it.  All in all it was a "good" book.  Not really my style, but it did keep my interest for the most part.  There was a lot about knitting in it that maybe if I knitted, I would have found interesting.  I did enjoy how knitting brought together women from multiple backgrounds and abilities, but I did not really "love" the main character, Georgia.  I found her bad self-image hard to keep taking.  All the self-doubt bothered me, so I just couldn't get into her.  I know that most people, especially women, are plagued with huge amounts of self-doubt, but hers was a bit over the top.

I don't plan on reading any others in the series.


View all my reviews
maybe you will like it more than I did. . . 
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator