Saturday, March 26, 2011

Book Review - Crashed by Robin Wasserman

Crashed (Skinned, #2)Crashed by Robin Wasserman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read the original book in this series over a year ago and saw that this author had continued the series.  It reminds me of one of my favorite spec. fiction authors, Nancy Kress, and her "Beggars" series.  Those were excellent books about the future.
This series was okay, neither bad nor great.  It has an interesting take what would happened had we figured out how to transfer our minds into a mechanical body and therefore live on forever.  It is not such a bright future in Robin's world.  Even the families that tried to save the lives of their loved ones, find that this new "person" is almost alien to them. 
In this book, the "skinners" and "orgs" (both the negative names that each group gave the other), go head to head.  A religious decides to take matters into it's own hands to get rid of what they think as an abomination.  The author tries to put forth the question, "What makes us human?"  Can it be transferred, does it reside in our thoughts, in our body, etc.  Where is our soul?
The think that the book would have been a little more interesting to me if I liked the antagonist a little better, but I have always enjoyed books that make you think.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator