Friday, February 11, 2011

Early Valentine's Party

We have had a busy few days.  After a week being sick, I feel like I am playing catch-up.  I have been running errands all over the place and coming up with new ideas.  To top it off, due to the President's Holidays, my kids will not be in school for Valentines, so they had their Valentine's parties today.

This morning, I drove 45 minutes north of here to go to an antique book/estate sale after dropping off the kids.  They had quite a few cool books, but I only came home with a nice edition of A Connecticut Yankee in King Author's Court.  I was actually looking for copies of Jane Austen's books, for a party idea that I am working on (more later).

After the book sale, I raced back to attend my 5 yos V-Day party.  They are so cute at that age.  The class made heart-shaped pancakes, decorated tortilla cookies, colored, played Valentine Bingo and passed out Valentines.  After they played, they got to eat their treats and take home their Valentines.

We hit another "garage" sale, where I did find a paperback copy of Emma for a quarter (among other things).  I still need about 20 more copies of the books, so I will have to keep looking. 

Now, I am going to take my kids to the park since the weather is so nice.

Do you have any cool plans for this weekend?

Enjoy your Valentine's Weekend!
Meagan

1 comment:

  1. No plans, but it is my 25th anniversary, can't believe I made it that long with guy.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator