There are different types of blogs. Wordpress, Blogspot or Blogger (like this one) are the most popular and they have different ways of accepting comments. I am just going to talk about how to comment on Blogger blogs, but many of the other types are similar.
If you want to leave a comment, I have set up a few options. You need to pick the one that is right for you. The default is to leave a comment using your google id. Until recently, I did not own one of these myself. Don't have one? No problem
Writing a comment can be easy, once you know the steps
|A comment section will open directly underneath the post (on some websites, this opens a separate window or pop-up box)|
- Fill out your comment
- Select your "Comment as" (aka your name/login).
- google id - this is the default, if you have one, it posts your id and avatar for you
- LiveJournal, Wordpress, TypePad, AIM, OpenID - all other types of accounts that you would have set up.
- Name/URL -your best option if you do not have any accounts. You can leave a comment just as you are. Just type the name that you want to have appear, you can ignore the URL if you do not have one. It's that easy
- Anonymous - this leaves your comment without an identity
Click "Post comment" That's it!
For more official google blog info, click here. For a very indepth how to with screenshots and everything, check out Darragh's blog.
Did this help? Are you interested in knowing more about "sharing" or "following" posts. Did you know that you have those options? Let me know what you think.