Monday, January 3, 2011

My first Post

Hello, My name is Meagan.  I am a mother of 4 fabulous children (10, 8, 5, and 8 months) and wife of one wonderful husband of 12 years.  I have always been a very creative person and have spent my 30+ years looking for new things to do and to learn.  Because of this, I have a laundry list of hobbies and things that I love to do.  People ask me how I do it.
That is the reason for this blog.  I have been thinking about starting something like this for some time now and now I finally have!  :)
I plan on showing you just how I exactly I do everything from throwing a party, baking a cake, making a purse, scraping a page, and more.  I don't profess to be an expert at any of these things, just good at figuring things out.  So, get ready to learn along with me.

Project 365
My newest experiment (besides learning how to do a blog) is a Project 365.  Have you heard about them?  They are becoming quite popular.  There are multiple ways to do one.  The 365 project is a photography project where you document a year of your life by taking a daily photo

Why?
  • Improve your photography skills
  • Capture otherwise forgotten moments in your life
  • Easier than writing a diary or blog
  • Only takes a few minutes each day
I will be sharing with you how to do one and share my own, with you.  It can be started on any day of the year.  The biggest part is just deciding to start.  I am learning a ton and there is tons and tons of info out there.  Start snapping your photos now.  The idea is to take a photo each day.  Maybe representing what your day was like, what you like to do, how big something is, etc.  
As I learn more about good programs for sorting your photos, so will you.  Some people share theirs via a blog (like me), others use Facebook, Flickr, Picasa scrapbook, e-mail, i-phone even has an app for it.  Something else to decide, is how often you will display, post, etc.  Making this decision and following it is a great way to stay true to the project.  If you are posting them somewhere as you go, you will not get overwhelmed with 365 photos at the end of the year.  I have found some cool examples for daily, weekly, and monthly.  Once I have a week's worth, I will post them here so that you can see the difference.  

So, I hope you enjoy my blog.  If there is something that you want to figure out how to do, please drop me a line and I will see what I can do.  Otherwise, I will talk to you later.

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator