Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project 365: Day 6 a work in progress

Welcome to the 6th day January!
If you are following along with the 365 project, you would take a picture of something cold today (for photographers) or your hobby (for digiscrappers).
For the photography challenge, I took this:  Our temperature gauge said 42 at 8:30 am.  Not terribly cold, but you don't want to be in your swim suit, either! 

For the Scrapbooking Challenge, I did this:  Although I have many hobbies, this is one that I have truly embraced and am doing more than many of my others.  If you would have told me 15 years ago that I would love to bake cakes, I would have laughed at you!

I have been working on my layouts.  I must say that there are templates available that would make it easier.  One style does 4 digital templates for each month and sell for $3-5 each month.
Upon looking further at some of the 365 ideas, I have found some more information that I thought that I would share with you.

Self-Portrait?
One thing that photographers are doing with their project is to take a self-portrait every day for a year.  I am amazed by that.  I would be bored with myself after a couple of days! :)  I guess though that you would really capture "who" you are and come up with some very neat pictures of yourself.  It would also force you to try some new angles and styles to keep yourself from getting bored.  Also, many of them use an editing software like Photoshop to add interesting elements or modify their photo.
You can view a TON of 365 photos on Flickr.  They do an easy upload process to share your 365 project, whatever it may be.  
Flickr Self-Portrait
One photographer I found, took a picture of their food (their dinner plate, lunch on the go, etc) every day for a year.  What about concentrating on a color a month?  Take a photo of something blue every day in January, Pink every day in February, Green for March, etc.

IDEA IN A JAR?
Another thing I found to help you with inspiration was to print out a bunch of theme or activity ideas, cut them into separate small pieces of paper and put them in a jar.  Whenever you need a little inspiration, you put your hand in the jar and pull one out.  The nice thing about this is that because you are printing them, they would not be one that you would never do and you kinda know what the possibilities are.  Other things like this that I have seen, where someone else (like an on-line system) randomly gives you an idea or task, seem less suitable.  What if it gave you one that you could not easily do?  What if it wanted you to do something really far away or really expensive?  For those of us with kids, this can work great for those long summer or breaks when you need to get the kiddos out of the house.  Every morning, you pull a cool activity out of the jar, grab the kids and your camera and go have a fun day.  I think that I will try this this summer.  

iphone 
Do you have an iphone?  2 things make Project 365 perfect for you.  One issue that becomes a problem with taking a photo a day is having to carry your camera with you everywhere, every day, not a prob for you.  If you have an iphone or other smart phone, you usually have your phone on you already.  It's picture quality is pretty descent.  Even photographers that have really great SLRs, will use their iphone for this type of thing.  Being able to snap the perfect picture when it happens, is key to this whole project.  iphone also makes it even easier to post your photos after they have been taken.  They have an app for this very project, but also, with their web capability, you can upload to your favorite site (Flickr, Facebook, etc.), easily.  The easier and quicker you can post/share your photos, the more likely it will be that you stick with this project.

Family pic
One great idea for those of you that have trouble taking a picture every day, is to take a photo of your family once a month.  In can be any snapshot, but it should be the same time each month.  This would be especially nice if you had a little one that is growing rapidly.  When I was pregnant (each time), I wanted to do one of those for the months of my pregnancy.  I saw others that had done it and I just could never get it together to do it. 

I guess that is it for now.  I need to go finish my layouts and the other 5 million tasks that are waiting for me :)
TTFN
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator