Saturday, December 22, 2012

12 Days of Christmas (Day 12 - 12 Handmade Thank You Cards)

We made it!  12 Days of gifts for 2 deserving teachers.  Today's gift in the original post was 12 apples.  I thought that was a little much.  Unless you knew they would need that many apples.  Instead, I started thinking about what they could need.  I had heard that teachers get very tired of all the apple-related things that they get.  That after about 1 or 2 years of teaching, they have all the coffee cups, and apple trinkets they can stand.  That is when I thought of apple thank you cards.  I know that all the teachers I have met, use thank you cards a lot and making them apple-themed would keep to the flavor of the gifts. Remember back to Day 1, I had purchased a whole pack of Grade School 12x12 scrapbook paper and used it to make the clipboard.  Now, I had a new use for it.
I was a little daunted by creating 24 handmade cards for someone else, so I kept putting it off.  I ended up staying up on Day 11 until 2 am (of Day 12) getting them done.  Some, I made 4 of - 2 for each teacher.    But, basically, I used the plain cream envelopes and card that I bought at JoAnn's and added the papers and ribbons to them to decorate them.  Here they are:






Here they are all bundled with ribbon and ready to give.
So, that's it!  All done!  I am glad to have done it.  I hope you all have enjoyed it and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator