Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas (Day 9 - Candy Cane bow)

Hello all.  I have been busy trying to do all my last minute Christmas stuff done.  Have you done all of your wrapping, buying, creating, baking, etc?  So, sorry that this one was a little late, but I feel like I have so little time to get stuff done.

For Day 9, the gift is supposed to be 9 Candy Canes.  I think the original post used full sized candy canes, but I again, I changed it to be mini candy canes.  I figured they could use 9 minis a little easier.

The Poem reads:
For the 9th day of Christmas,
9 canes of red and white . . .
Guess who my favorite teacher is?
If you guessed 'YOU', you're right!

When trying to decide how to package them, I first thought of just adding them into a clear bag like the paper clips.  Then, after playing with them, I created this - a bow of candy canes:
 First, line all canes up going the same direction and hold them by the bottoms.  Then, tie a ribbon tight around the excess packaging.  Twist the canes until you have a circle.  Add more curling ribbon.  Some, I ties up through the canes to position them better.  After curling the ribbon, simply add the tag and bow to finish.
Only 3 more to go and Christmas is quickly approaching.
Have a great night
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator