Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Days of Christmas (Day 8 - gum)

My countdown is almost complete.  Today is Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas for a teacher.  Today's gift is a pack (8 pieces) of gum.  Like I had mentioned yesterday, it was difficult to find gum in a smaller pack, so you may need to adjust what number it falls on based on what you find.  I found a double pack (2 complete packages) of 8 pieces for $1 of Eclipse gum.    Because the gum is in a basic square shape, I realized that it would be fun to create a new cover for it.  Really easy, too.

Here is today's poem:
For the 8th day of Christmas,
I've bought you chewing gum.
It feels like Christmas break
is never going to come!

 First, measure your gum pack.  I chose a simple solid red cardstock.  I made it the exact width of the package and a little bigger (1/4" - 1/2") all the way around.  Create fold lines using a bone folder or other blunt pointed onject (I used a pen cap).  I made all 4 lines first and then pre-folded them.  I measured the front and 2 small sides to be the size of the package, but added the extra 1/2" to the back so that it creates an overlap.

 For fun, I also cut out the little half circles that are part of the Eclipse package.  This makes it easier to remove the gum pack.

 I added a little bit of adhesive to the back of the package to keep it in it's new sleeve.  Then, place gum packaging to the adhesive.

After you have folded the package around the package, add more adhesive to the part of the overlap and fold the flap over to seal.
Then, add any ribbon and embellishment  You could decorate this package, but I left it basic. I wrapped the curling ribbon around with the tag.

It looks like a cute package now, instead of "just" a package of gum.  It took less than 10 minutes to do the entire thing, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator